Monday, June 15, 2015

Gimme A Break!

        School is out and Kiley and Mackey are gone for the summer. I miss them already. It's sort of like the same feeling I had when my kids went off to college. Between now and when school starts back up I will take them for one day a week just to soothe my aching heart. Even so, I can't tell you how incredible it feels to be without responsibilities for the whole summer. That part is great! I feel like I did when I was a kid and school had just let out for the year. In fact I feel so free and summer lazy that I think I am going to take full advantage of the situation and throttle back on the blog writing until the girls come back to me at the end of the summer. I have written a little essay on babysitting every week for the past sixty-seven weeks and, sometimes, it was a chore to come up with a subject. Trying to come up with something to write about now when my charges aren't here to provide me with inspiration is difficult to say the least. Maybe I'll work on my novel – psych! I may throw in an offering or two if the girls do something noteworthy on the one day a week that I have them, which I am sure is more than probable. Otherwise, see you in September.

Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment